At St. Modwen, were experts in creating thriving communities and were excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
If you live and breathe numbers, and have a passion for construction, we want to hear from you.
Were a business that has been growing quickly, and will continue to do so rapidly over the next 2 years.
Great Surveyors are what keep us on track for this growth. So if you are looking for an opportunity in a company that really makes a difference, where your input will be rewarded, please see the below details and get in touch.
Managing the procurement costs relating to multiple building projects in accordance with the Commercial timetable.
• Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager
• Working closely with Contracts Manager, Project/Site Managers, Technical Manager, Sales Manager and Customer Care Manager
• Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues
• Manage sub-contractor accounts including ensuring that payments are timely and correct, and any other commercial issues are resolved
• Apply change control procedure
• Carry out initial recruitment (first interview stage)
• Produce monthly CVR reports to monitor and control project finances below the construction budget
• Prepare and maintain procurement schedules
• Reviewing sub-contractor queries and general sub-contact administration
• Prepare, monitor and control risk and opportunity schedule
• Ensure that the site is insured
• Oversee QS’s and Assistant QS’s including training plans and appraisals
• Working on wider St. Modwen projects as and when required
• Ensure work packages are procured, managed and financially controlled in a timely manner to meet construction programme
• Monitor objectives of direct reports
• Ensure direct reports follow correct procedures
• Assist the Commercial Manager with relevant duties including preparation of financial reports for main board meetings
• Manage Sales Extras procedures
• Finalise and issue monthly cashflows.
•As part of the effective delivery of our Performance Development framework, provide coaching and regular feedback to maximise performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
• Methodical way of thinking
• Good knowledge of construction
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and experience of cost control, procurement and commercial aspects of construction/house building
• Good financial and numeracy management skills
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills
• Ability to process complex information and assess requirements readily
• Experience using COINS operating system
• Conscientious and diligent work ethic
• Organised, enthusiastic with a positive attitude
• A team player
• Must hold a full Driving Licence valid to drive in the UK
• Must hold a relevant CSCS card
• Main Contractor or Developer experience
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk