At St. Modwen, were experts in creating thriving communities and were excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
To carry out all Commercial aspects of their project and work with the Project Design and Delivery Team to ensure the project is successfully delivered to achieve St. Modwen’s strategy and objectives.
- Manages commercial performance to achieve St. Modwen’s Commercial strategy and objectives across a project
- Complete training and personal development to enhance current and potential future role capability
- Produce accurate CVRs. Demonstrate that Risk and Opportunity/Profit Improvement Plans are being accurately reported and that mitigation/optimisation plans are being achieved across their project
- Deliver procurement within budget and on time across projects
- Manage all commercial, legal, financial and administrative responsibilities with suppliers and contractors across the project effectively
- Manage the supply chain to ensure and demonstrate fair payments are processed on or before cut-off dates for their project
- Work with the Site Manager/Project Manager ensuring WIP controls across their Project
- Fully understand and manage SMH cost allowances across their Project, and ensure cost management against the same
- Works collaboratively with Project/Site Managers, Technical Managers and Sales Consultants
- Works on wider St. Modwen projects as and when required
- Monitor, control and implement sales additions across their project
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast for review with Managing QS
- Contributes with the Project team to the fair scoring of the supply chain every month
- Manages recoverable and non-recoverable variations, formally instructing the supply chain at fair rates and prices. Delivers the Profit Improvement Plan
- Promotes and lives the values of St. Modwen
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Develop and ensure safe working practices
- Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
- Significant post-graduate experience in the relevant Commercial area, preferably with a contractor or housebuilder
- Higher Education industry discipline relevant qualification
- A track record in delivering excellent commercial results over a Project
- Strong commercial and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Full valid Driving Licence
- Able to successfully manage the performance of small sized teams (up to 3
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk