At St. Modwen, we're experts in creating thriving communities and we're excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
Responsible for delivery of new Housing Projects to the highest standard of safety, within the construction budget and construction programme
- Primarily responsible for constructing the works in accordance with the designs; co-ordinating and managing day to day activity for residential house building projects;
- Liaising with the Design team to ensure plot designs meet specification and ensure buildability;
- Development of project documentation; programmes and budgets with the Contracts Manager;
- Responsible for programming and planning all works, all site resources including labour, plant and materials;
- Production of reports relevant to the stages of each project;
- Delivering projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the project launch;
- Deal with man management on site so that the workforce is motivated and directed to maintain output and adhere to standards; leading by example;
- Work with the commercial team in the selection of subcontractors and ensure they are effectively managed throughout the project;
- Maintaining focus on time, cost and quality of build;
- Formulating and discussing programmes and schedules;
- Liaising with various sub-contractors on their current programme of works; Managing the progress of sub-contractors with regards to priority works;
- Quality control, detailing and protection;
- Liaising with architects, engineers and other additional consultants;
- Monitoring all site activity against quality standards, productivity targets and deadlines; ensuring materials are ordered, stored and used in a cost-effective manner;
- Ensure the quality of construction is always upheld;
- Responsible for identifying overspend and highlighting potential savings; Responsible for the planning and co-ordination of sub-contract trades; Providing progress reports;
- Maintain corporate identity and standards;
- Implement and control quality plans;
- Produce Contract and Target programmes and ensure that these are translated into short term programmes effectively by their site team;
- Ensure that St. Modwen Homes SHE Management Policy is implemented and maintained on all sites and to lead by example;
- Monitoring Health and Safety on site; • Responsible for security of the site;
- Attending Project meetings;
- Managing weekly/monthly programmes;
- Identify critical path items, including information, that are required to maintain the works programme, scheduling them, sourcing them, ensuring that the Construction Manager is informed of any items that need to be put on the procurement schedule where lead times are known;
- Hold regular site meetings with sub-contractors and report on progress and performance, and bring to the attention of the Contracts Manager and QS any issues that are or are likely to cause delay to the works programme;
- Identify snagging items throughout the course of the project and arrange for them to be rectified together with all items brought to his attention by the client/architect, co-ordinating the trades through to completion so that the highest standards are maintained and post-contract snagging is kept to a minimum; General delivery of the contract through to completion;
- Monitor waste management on site and compliance with company targets; Monitor / Management of change process.
- Complete weekly plan return schedules;
- Complete weekly material returns schedules;
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Develop and ensure safe working practices
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrable track record of residential house building project management; Professional Qualification to an appropriate level;
- Ability to lead and work with multi-disciplinary teams and interface with clients; Self-motivated and proactive;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Excellent technical and practical knowledge and the ability to resolve important detail;
- Must hold a full Driving Licence and valid to drive in the UK.
- First Aid Trained;
- SMSTS Qualified.
- We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk