At St. Modwen, were experts in creating thriving communities and were excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
To manage all Commercial aspects of their projects and work with the Design & Delivery Teams to ensure projects are successfully delivered to achieve St. Modwens strategy and objectives.
- Delivers St. Modwens Commercial strategy and objectives across multiple projects (up to 6)
- Identify training and personal development required for Commercial team
- Deliver CVRs. Deliver and report robust Risk and Opportunity / Profit Improvement Plans across their projects
- Manage Procurement buying to achieve programme and budget requirements. Mitigate / remove non-recoverable costs across their projects.
- Act as the single point of contact for all commercial, legal, financial and administrative issues with suppliers and contractors
- Approve supply chain payments on or before cut-off dates ensuring sums due are fair on all their projects
- Monitor weekly WIP and manage to prevent slippage
- Contribute to financial appraisals utilising industry / historic knowledge and be responsible for achieving or bettering SMH cost allowances across their projects
- Works collaboratively with Senior Sales, Senior Technical, Contracts Managers, and Customer Care managers
- Works on wider St. Modwen projects as and when required
- Manages Sales Extras procedures
- Check and issue monthly cashflows
- Produces monthly performance scores on the supply chain across all projects
- Mitigates scope creep, manages value engineering through the Profit Improvement Plan and understands the impact on cost and value.
- Ensures variations are formally instructed and valued correctly
Promote and lives the values of St. Modwen
- As part of the effective delivery of our Performance Development framework, provide coaching and regular feedback to maximise performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment
- Ensure effective communication that enables engagement and enablement
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Develop and ensure safe working practices
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
- Min. 10 years post-graduate experience in the relevant Commercial area, preferably with a contractor or housebuilder
- Higher education industry discipline relevant qualification
- RICS and/or MCIOB accreditation
- Previous experience in leading and developing several Project Commercial teams in a contracting or housebuilding organisation
- Strong commercial, legal, Technical management and financial skills
- Strong professional network
- Excellent communication skills
- Full valid driving licence
Able to successfully manage the performance of medium sized teams (up to 10)
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk