We have an exciting opening for a Cash & Reconciliations Manager to join our Finance Team here at St Modwen. This really is an exciting opportunity to start your career with a forward thinking business offer a Hybrid role.
To lead and drive the operational excellence from the Cash and Banking team. The job requires close working relations with the credit control and purchase ledgers teams to drive process efficiencies and controls.
• Line management of a team consisting of three direct reports.
• Oversight and overall responsibility for the payments process (manual payments and BACS), ensuring all payments are reconciled daily and ensuring payments are released at the correct time.
• Oversight and overall responsibility for the tenant receipt and cash allocation process (including cash, cheques, credit cards and electronic transfer
• Direct debit collection process
• Maintenance and supervision of the corporate credit card scheme
• Co-administration of online Banking Portals, ensuring segregation of duties control are adhered to.
• First approval of all bank reconciliations.
• Maintaining of close relationship with key bank staff including Account Manager, Client Service Department, and other teams.
• Implementation of more automated bank reconciliation process and straight through processing improvements
• Supporting the implementation of Treasury systems or the onboarding of new banks.
• Previous Line management experience
• Strong excel skills
• Track record of process/efficiency improvements
• Highly organised and able to work to tight deadline
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to quickly build working relationships and to work collaboratively
• A willingness to learn and “can do” attitude.
• AAT Qualified or ACCA/CIMA part qualification
• Significant experience in a Treasury back-office role
• Extensive experience with on-line banking portals
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and Christmas shutdown)
- Life assurance cover - 4 x salary
- Health insurance
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk