At St. Modwen, were experts in creating thriving communities and were excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
We’re hiring! Fancy joining the team?
We are on the look out for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our team, This really is an exciting opportunity to start your career and work for a 5* developer who really care about their employees and quality of the build.
To assist with all Commercial aspects of their projects and work with the Project Delivery Teams to ensure projects are successfully delivered to achieve St. Modwens strategy and objectives.
- Assists Commercial staff to manage Commercial performance in order to achieve St. Modwens Commercial strategy and objectives across projects Complete training and personal development to enhance current and potential future role capability
- Assist in preparing the CVR including forecasting current / final supply chain costs. Assisting in assessing Risk and Opportunity and considering Profit Improvement measures
- Carry out the procurement process including agreeing tender list, enquiries, analysis for approval by the Project / Senior QS and assisting with the preparation of contracts ? Manage all commercial, legal, financial and administrative responsibilities with suppliers and contractors across projects effectively
- Demonstrate valuation of supply chain accounts and ensure external communication
- Aware of WIP controls and ability to notify potential slippage ? Understand SMH cost allowances within the appraisal and the general principles of a project appraisal
- Works collaboratively with Project / Site Managers and Technical Managers. Works on wider St. Modwen projects as and when required
- Record sales additions across the projects
- Assists in producing cost to date /cost to complete information for cash flow purposes
- Recommends supply chain scoring based on monthly interaction
- Understands contract scope and varied scope and can advise Project / Senior QS of potential contract scope changes ? Promote and lives the values of St. Modwen
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
- Develop and ensure safe working practices
Experience, Skills and Knowledge Required
- Min. 2 years Post-graduate experience in the relevant Commercial area, preferably with a contractor or housebuilder
- Higher education industry discipline relevant qualification ? Project based experience on several projects assisting a Project commercial lead
- Sound commercial and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Full valid driving license
- Ability to work as part of a small team and make a positive impact
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact email@example.com.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk.