At St. Modwen, were experts in creating thriving communities and were excited to be recruiting for colleagues who are ready to build their future with us.
To ensure that all the estates completion infrastructure works are carried out within a pre-set budget, enabling the release of the company’s bonds and maintenance liabilities for all highways, sewers, pumping stations and public open spaces in order to achieve public adoption by the respective authority. Ensure the customer experience is at the core of our decisions.
• Work with the Technical team during project appraisals to understand the schemes and the requirement of any required technical approvals
• Work with the Site management teams and act as liaison between the site & the local authority inspectors and engineers, specifically at the commencement of projects
• Ensure our site teams & sub-contractor groundworkers understand the project specific specifications, required testing, inspection and sign off regimes
• Maintain relationships with local authority inspectors & engineers
• Maintain regular meetings & inspections of the onsite works to ensure they are proceeding in line with the agreed programme & specification
• Audit any works as necessary
• Assist in the selection process of Groundworks sub-contractors alongside the site teams
• Assist in the development of a robust quality process for roads & sewers
• Prior to new sites finishing, work with the Construction department to ensure timely issue of maintenance certificates for both roads and sewers
• Appointment of contractors when required for small works, monitor progress, inspect works and ensure completion of work to agreed Local Authority Standards
• Site inspections of the condition of infrastructure at end of maintenance period and specify all works required to achieve public adoption (including management companies)
• Monitor all adoption Section Agreements (Section 38,104,111 & 278 Agreements) ensuring reduction and cancellation of all the associated bonds
• Liaise with the Local Authority, Bondsman and company solicitors
• Resolve all issues arising from completed sites, ensuring all titles deeds, maintenance bonds and other legal requirements are complied with to minimise liability to the company
• Monitor expenditure to keep within budget allocation to prevent cash flow disruption
• Produce Monthly Estate Completions reports and budget forecasts for the regional senior management team
• Brief & commission topo surveys, utility surveys, road safety audits, ROSPA reports, GIs, As built surveys
• Work collaboratively with members of the Homes Senior Management Team, Homes Regional Board, Land & Pre-construction team, internal and external project team members and Homes employees across all disciplines.
• Promotes and lives the St. Modwen values
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations
• Develop and ensure safe working practices
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
• Relevant degree or similar level technical qualification e.g. Engineering, Highways, Project Management
• Relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer, contract or highways/drainage authority
• Experience in estate roads and sewer design, construction and inspection
• Experience in preparing schedules of work, bills of quantities and undertaking tender analysis of such works
• Strong relationship management skills
• Planning, organising and prioritising skills with the ability to multi-task
• Full UK driving licence
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our expert recruitment team will be in contact with you soon to update you on the progress of your application. As part of our best practice recruitment process all successful candidates will be subject to background screening checks. Further detail on what is required as part of this process will be provided to you during this update. In the meantime, if you have any questions about our recruitment process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we partner with Morson International to carry out background checks on all new colleagues. If you’d like to know more about this, or you have any questions, please don’t hesitate in contacting us at HR@StModwen.co.uk